The following is the general instruction sheet included with each CarbaCap unit.
CarbaCap® Carbonating System
CO2 requires liquids to be refrigerator cold for proper carbonation. To successfully carbonate you’ll need to repeat the injection and shaking steps to get the CO2 absorbed into the liquid. Follow these simple steps below for best results.
To Carbonate Still Liquids:
1. Fill the standard 1 or 2 liter PET bottle with cold beverage leaving a 2 inch space at the top.
2. Attach the CarbaCap squeezing the sides of the PET bottle forcing the liquid to the top.
3. Inject CO2 and remove the injector (do not leave attached) and shake vigorously.
4. Repeat injecting and shaking process until the PET bottle remains hard.
5. Refrigerate newly carbonated beverage for a few hours. Repeating the injecting and shaking process will increase the amount of carbonation over time.
To Carbonate Beer or Wine:
1. Attach the CarbaCap to an empty standard 1 or 2 liter PET bottle. Inject CO2 and remove injector.
2. Remove the CarbaCap from the PET bottle and allow clouding of gas to occur.
3. Gently pour beer or wine into clouded PET bottle and fill leaving 2 inches of space at the top.
4. Attach the CarbaCap leaving it loose. Squeeze the sides of the PET bottle until liquid flows out, then tighten the CarbaCap.
5. Inject CO2 and remove injector (do not leave attached) and shake vigorously.
6. Repeat injecting and shaking process until the PET bottle remains hard.
7. Refrigerate newly carbonated beverage for a few hours. Repeating the injecting and shaking process will increase the amount of carbonation over time.
To Repackage Beer or Growler:
Follow the directions for "To Carbonate Beer or Wine" with these additions: In step 3 use a food grade hose attached to the tap for filling from the bottom of the PET bottle. In step 5 do not shake after injection. Release the CO2 by loosening CarbaCap, re-tighten then re-inject CO2. Beverage is already carbonated and only needs to be pressurized. Omit the injecting and shaking process in steps 5 - 7.
Extra safety should be observed when using CO2. Gases under pressure can be explosive if handled improperly. We recommend the following:
Do not use the CarbaCap on old worn out PET bottles or glass bottles.
Always use proper CO2 regulators attached to a cylinder.
Do not remove the CarbaCap too quickly as it can be become a projectile.
Always use safety goggles and gloves.
Do not use more than 30psi (2 Bars) when injecting.
Always check the condition of the CarbaCap and PET bottle before use.
If you are having any difficulties with your CarbaCap, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you are new to carbonating please feel free to read over the carbonation page for more information. If you still cannot find an answer to your question feel free to email us at Info@CarbaCap.com.